What makes the Best Electric Longboards truely the best?
- Come with Multi-function Skate Tool and Attractive Sticker
- Strong but Flexible Eight Ply Maple Deck make longboard can Hold Up to 250 LBS weight
- Big Soft 70x50mm PU Wheels combined with ABEC-9 Bearings for Smooth Ride
There is something undeniably captivating and even addicting that comes with the feeling of smoothly cruising on a longboard. The longer wheelbases and bigger decks for maneuvering and finding a comfortable stance that come with longboards have long made them a favorite for everyone from novices to seasoned professionals.
For downhill runs, longboards are not only easier to control, but also offer a smoother ride. But what about heading back uphill? That’s where the electric long board comes into play.
What is an Electric Longboard?
An electric longboard is also known as an e-board and is basically a beefed-up version of the longboard. While some DIY engineers build their own electric longboards by modifying the wheels of a longboard and installing a battery operated electric motor that will self-propel, today there are dozens of different companies producing high quality electric long boards.
From smaller products that have a miniature 400 Watt motor to powerful e-boards that can cruise at up to 30 miles per hour, there are several different styles of electric longboards for different types of rides. Below, we offer some insight on how to choose the best product for your needs.
How to Choose the right one
Every rider will have different needs and requirements for the electric longboard that is best for them. For someone who wants a rush of adrenaline that comes with high speeds, an e-board that has a higher top speed will obviously be the best option.
For people who regularly use their electric longboard to travel long distances to get to school or work, a board with a longer distance will probably be key. Below, are the five, most important features that will help you find the best electric longboard for you.
Watts: Most electric longboards fall between the range of 400 to 3,000 watts. Obviously, the higher the wattage, the more powerful your board will be, and usually the higher wattage e-boards will allow you to travel further between charges.
However, it is also worth noting that higher watts will also run up your electricity bill, especially if you are charging your electric longboard on a nightly basis.
Distance: Distances generally vary between 5 and 30 miles. Generally speaking, the longer the range in distance, the lower the top speed, though there are products on the market today that combine higher wattage motors for a better combination of speed and distance.
Top Speed: Your electric longboard will probably travel somewhere between 12 and 30 miles per hour. Anything slower than twelve and you should probably stick to a regular longboard without a motor. Going faster than 30 miles per hour presents safety risks.
Charge Time: You don’t want an electric longboard that will take 12 hours to fully charge. Generally speaking, most e-boards have a charge time that is anywhere between one and five hours. If your electric longboard has a sufficiently long distance rating, you should be able to avoid having to find an outlet to charge your board before heading home.
Price: Lastly, you will want to find an electric longboard that fits your price range. Most of these products fall somewhere between $500 and $1,500. As with anything, the more you spend, the better features you will most likely get.
Top 10 Electric Longboards on the Market Today
- DURABLE - Featuring U shape design and stronger trucks, 7 layers maple deck longboard retains the flex and sturdy quality.
- FAST - Powered by high-performance brushless dual hub motor giving it a smooth streamlined power and max speed 18.6 mph.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - The powerful 350w dual hub motor provide smooth power and the boosted board can go up to 18.5 MPH, 13 miles on a single charge.
- Durable Canadian Maple Wood Deck - The electric skateboard adopts high-quality maple wood, makes it flexible and durable, ensure a pleasant riding experience
- Powerful Brushless Hub Motor - Max load 288lbs, top speed 12mph, max range 10 miles. Easy deal with 15% up-grade hill
- Different speed settings for different skill levels - A safe electric board for kids and teenagers. Total 3 level speed settings, it's an ideal board for beginners.
- [Exquisite structure] 8 ply Canadian maple and 1 ply fiberglass will provide you a super stable high-speed platform for riders. Its net weight 9.5KG ,size is 940 * 230 * 15mm, and bearing weight doesn't exceed 130KG.
- [Wireless remote control] With wireless remote control ,so it is easy to control. Speed modes are L, M, H and H +. The brake modes are B1, B2, B3, and B4. It will freely accelerate, decelerate, reverse, and brake.
- [Fast and furious ] 540W X 2 in-wheel hub motors give you lightning-fast acceleration .Top speeds of 26 Mph / 42Kph.Will let you excited wherever you ride .
- "Look ma, no hands!" - control the Ng2 e-board like a traditional cruiser skateboard, by shifting your weight on the deck. No remote required. Thanks to intelligent weight and balance sensors, navigation is all about "the lean."
- The need for Speed - one of the fastest electric longboards on the market, The Ng2 cruises up to 18 mph and can easily conquer 15° INCLINES with a powerful pair of brushless Rear 450-watt motors.
- Full-featured remote control - although designed to be hands-free, this motorized longboard also comes with a remote that can control every aspect of the ride, from accelerating to switching speed modes.
- The RazorX Longboard is powered by a kick-to-start, 125-watt, geared, rear-wheel-drive motor and a lithium-ion battery that delivers an electrifying skateboarding ride at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h) for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- The 375" (9525 mm) long deck is made of high-quality, 5-ply bamboo and features perforated grip tape to provide a smooth, controlled ride
- The RazorX Longboard comes pre-assembled, so you're ready to ride this complete longboard electric skateboard right out of the box
- 7-PLY MAPLE WOOD -- 7-ply rock hard maple deck with hadle design, it has better elasticity and toughness, board without splicing, using CNC trimming and grinding process, kick tail and concave for added control,allows riders to have more traction while.It is also lightweight and easy to transport.It can can hold a maximum load of 220 lbs.
- GOOD RANGE AND HIGH SPEED -- It has two modes and speeds for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. You can reach a max speed of up to 20KM/H. Once it has been fully charged, it can reach a maximum range to 10 KM.It's equipped with a secured 24V 2200mah Lithium Battery pack (battery is included) which can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- 250W BRUSHLESS HUB-MOTOR -- Compared with the belt drive motor, the brushless hub-motor is more reliable and less problems. Even without motor,your electric skateboard can also be used like a regular board, making it easier to use no matter where.
- Ul certification E503354, 0. 59 inches thick, The thinnest E-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control
- 37 inches longboard, 8. 7 inches wide, weighs 14. 5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380W x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 MPH.
- Upgraded Performance - Skatebolt Electric Longboard can reach the range up to 22-25 miles with 7500 mAh battery capacity. 4 speed and braking modes available. Its running speed goes up to 24-27 MPH and you can adjust the brake mode according to the speed you choose.
- Cruise Control - The cruise control function has added to the 3rd Tornado and it also comes with the new version screen display remote controller. Always keep you an update for the speed, battery power, range and brake mode of the motorized skateboard.
- Swappable Motors - With dual hub motors, it's strong enough to climb a 25% steep hill.You can change the PU wheel on the board when they get damaged instead of replacing the whole motor.
- Rik Cordero (01/02/2020)
- Running time: 22 minutes
- Rik Cordero, Robbie Small
- Remote Control Skateboard - The remote has three speed modes and ergonomic remote control. It also comes with reverse capability. Perfect for the beginners and riders who prefer to the stable speed. Max-speed 12.4MPH. Max-range 10 Km.
- Stop 5 Minutes Automatic Power-Off - No need to worry about continuing to consume power when not in use skateboard. Even without energy, your E-skateboard can be used like a normal longboard.
- Special Cuttiong Design - Skateboard is made with 6 layers of northeast maple and 1 bamboo, solid and stable. It is also lightweight (12 lbs) and easy to transport. It can can hold a maximum load of 220 lbs.
Last update on 2020-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API