What makes the Best Electric Longboards truely the best?
There is something undeniably captivating and even addicting that comes with the feeling of smoothly cruising on a longboard. The longer wheelbases and bigger decks for maneuvering and finding a comfortable stance that come with longboards have long made them a favorite for everyone from novices to seasoned professionals.
For downhill runs, longboards are not only easier to control, but also offer a smoother ride. But what about heading back uphill? That’s where the electric long board comes into play.
What is an Electric
An electric longboard is also known as an e-board and is basically a beefed-up version of the longboard. While some DIY engineers build their own electric longboards by modifying the wheels of a longboard and installing a battery operated electric motor that will self-propel, today there are dozens of different companies producing high quality electric long boards.
From smaller products that have a miniature 400 Watt motor to powerful e-boards that can cruise at up to 30 miles per hour, there are several different styles of electric longboards for different types of rides. Below, we offer some insight on how to choose the best product for your needs.
How to Choose the right one
Every rider will have different needs and requirements for the electric longboard that is best for them. For someone who wants a rush of adrenaline that comes with high speeds, an e-board that has a higher top speed will obviously be the best option.
For people who regularly use their electric longboard to travel long distances to get to school or work, a board with a longer distance will probably be key. Below, are the five, most important features that will help you find the best electric longboard for you.
Watts: Most electric longboards fall between the range of 400 to 3,000 watts. Obviously, the higher the wattage, the more powerful your board will be, and usually the higher wattage e-boards will allow you to travel further between charges.
However, it is also worth noting that higher watts will also run up your electricity bill, especially if you are charging your electric longboard on a nightly basis.
Distance: Distances generally vary between 5 and 30 miles. Generally speaking, the longer the range in distance, the lower the top speed, though there are products on the market today that combine higher wattage motors for a better combination of speed and distance.
Top Speed: Your electric longboard will probably travel somewhere between 12 and 30 miles per hour. Anything slower than twelve and you should probably stick to a regular longboard without a motor. Going faster than 30 miles per hour presents safety risks.
Charge Time: You don’t want an electric longboard that will take 12 hours to fully charge. Generally speaking, most e-boards have a charge time that is anywhere between one and five hours. If your electric longboard has a sufficiently long distance rating, you should be able to avoid having to find an outlet to charge your board before heading home.
Price: Lastly, you will want to find an electric longboard that fits your price range. Most of these products fall somewhere between $500 and $1,500. As with anything, the more you spend, the better features you will most likely get.
Top 10 Electric
Longboards on the Market Today
Bestseller No. 1
teamgee H5 37" Electric Skateboard with UL Certification E503354, 22 MPH Top...
- UL Certification E503354, 0.59 inches thick, the thinnest e-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control.
- 37 inches longboard, 8.7 inches wide, weighs 14.5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380w x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 mph.
Bestseller No. 2
Boosted Stealth Electric Skateboard
- Get there faster with a 24 mph top speed and super responsive acceleration
- Climb a 25% grade with speed and ease
- 5 ride modes, including the all-new Hyper mode, exclusive to Boosted Stealth
Bestseller No. 3
Spadger Electric Skateboard D5X Plus 35'' Electric Longboard, 23Mph 900W Dual...
- Super Flexible Electronic Skateboard: 85% Explosion-proof material, improved the impact resistance up to10 times, very flexible when turning,easy to control. The board is fireproof, explosion-proof, shockproof.
- Strong Power and Fast Response: 450W*2 super power motors, 97mm PU wheels, up to 23mph speed,165lbs only need 3.5 seconds , 25% grade hill climbing. Built-in 4.0mm super magnetic steel, immediate stop when you brake, safeguarding riding security.
- From The Beginner to The Pro: Skateboards electric wireless remote control 4 speed modes, the Beginner mode: 0-9mph，the Eco mode: 0-15mph，the Expert mode: 0-19mph, the Pro mode: 0-23mph. Load up to 264 lbs.
Bestseller No. 4
WOWGO 2S (38") Electric Skateboard, 38Km/H Top Speed, Max Load 280 Pounds,...
- 【POWERFUL RIDE】 -- The WowGo 2s electric boardhas an SIGNIFICANTLY improved battery (DOUBLE discharge rate than Samsung 22P cells) which allows you to maintain high speeds, even as your battery is running low. The WowGo 2s has a better ESC,it's waterproof and it brakes and accelerates smoother.
- 【BEST E-SKATEBOARD】-- Braking experience is now perfect. The braking power will gradually accumulate as the rider pulls the throttle wheel. You can feel the smoothness when slowing down, and the total distance needed for the rider to get to a complete stop is much shorter.
- 【SOLID CONSTRUCTION】-- The WowGo 2s electric board is built from premium quality bamboo which offers a flex for a smooth ride, and load up to 280lbs.UPGRADE BUSHING-Soft bushing,Better shockproof effect
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 5
BLITZART Huracane 38" Electric Skateobard Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED -It has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY - It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery is included) which can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- PREMIUM DECK - The deck consists of 6-ply maple wood sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo the max supported weight is 250lbs. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board.
Bestseller No. 6
SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard,Max Range 18.6 Miles,Top Speed 25 MPH,Dual Motor...
- Cruise and Climb - Skatebolt Electric Longboard keeps cruising up to 18.6 miles with a full charge. With dual motors, its running speed goes up to 25 mph and it's strong enough to climb a 25°steep hill.
- Durable and Stable - This longboard is made with 8 layers of northeast maple which make it sturdier to support a weight up to 280 lbs. The wheels (90 mm) and the deck (38*9.4*5.5 in) are wider for a smooth and stable skateboarding.
- Taillights for Safety - The powered skateboard is equipped with 2 red warning taillights. To ensure a safe riding in the dark street. They will keep blinking to warn any vehicles coming behind you when you hold the brake.
Bestseller No. 7
Alouette Phoenix Ryders Electric Skateboard Longboard 4.4AH Lithium Battery,Dual...
- √Strong and Durable - 6 layers maple deck and 1 layer of bamboo with more flexibility and sturdiness. Top speed is 16 MPH, max 10° climbing angle
- √250W HUB-MOTORS - 83mm Brushless Hub Dual-motor each 250W with REGENERATIVE BRAKING. Max range 9.3 Miles, reliable performance, max ride enjoyment in breaking, acceleration and deceleration
- √LONGER RANGE -4400mah, 25.2V Lithium battery, more powerful and more stamina, come out of the box and ready to go
Bestseller No. 8
VOKUL V1 Electric Skateboard Cruiser | 10 Miles Max Range | 13 MPH Top Speed |...
- COST EFFECTIVENESS--- Spend More for High Quality vs Buy Cheap to Save Money? Why not having both? Most cost effective electric skateboard of the same kind with top notch performance.
- RANGE & SPEED--Powered by UL certified 7S2P 4.4Ah lithium battery, this dynamic cruiser can easily accelerate to the maximum speed of 13 MPH and go up to 10 miles within two hours charge.
- PERFORMANCE---Equipped with 350W hub motor, this skateboard can easily conquer a variety of terrains including hills, not to mention its regenerative braking system that will restore energy and extend your battery life.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 9
Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote, Longboard Single Hub Motor,...
- YOUNG AND FUN - Different from high-performance e-skateboards, Hiboy S11 electric skateboard is designed as a fun and joyful one which is easy to handle, and suitable for kids and youths riding around town and school.
- LIGHT AND SOLID - Benefited from upgraded materials and technology, Hiboy skateboards S11 have been solidly made with light weight 7.94lbs and extremely stable when accelerating and turning.
- STEADY PERFORMANCE - The single powerful hub motor provides a smooth streamlined power. The top speed and range go up to 12.4mph and 6.2 miles on a single charge.
Bestseller No. 10
35.4" Electric Skateboard 10km Range 250W Hub-Motor 2.9" Wheels Longboard with...
- RANGE AND SPEED - Top speed of up to 20km/h and a max range of up to 10km on one charge. Dual motors making going up a steep hill a breeze! Equipped with a secured 24V 2200mah Lithium Battery pack that can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - Easy to hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration with reverse capability. 2 Modes:Beginner and Advanced.
- MAPLE WOOD AND BAMBOO DECK WITH PREMIUM GRIP TAPE - 7-ply rock hard maple deck with hadle design, easy to transport. This board supports a maximum weight of 286 lbs.
Last update on 2019-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API