What makes the Best Electric Longboards truely the best?
There is something undeniably captivating and even addicting that comes with the feeling of smoothly cruising on a longboard. The longer wheelbases and bigger decks for maneuvering and finding a comfortable stance that come with longboards have long made them a favorite for everyone from novices to seasoned professionals.
For downhill runs, longboards are not only easier to control, but also offer a smoother ride. But what about heading back uphill? That’s where the electric long board comes into play.
What is an Electric
An electric longboard is also known as an e-board and is basically a beefed-up version of the longboard. While some DIY engineers build their own electric longboards by modifying the wheels of a longboard and installing a battery operated electric motor that will self-propel, today there are dozens of different companies producing high quality electric long boards.
From smaller products that have a miniature 400 Watt motor to powerful e-boards that can cruise at up to 30 miles per hour, there are several different styles of electric longboards for different types of rides. Below, we offer some insight on how to choose the best product for your needs.
How to Choose the right one
Every rider will have different needs and requirements for the electric longboard that is best for them. For someone who wants a rush of adrenaline that comes with high speeds, an e-board that has a higher top speed will obviously be the best option.
For people who regularly use their electric longboard to travel long distances to get to school or work, a board with a longer distance will probably be key. Below, are the five, most important features that will help you find the best electric longboard for you.
Watts: Most electric longboards fall between the range of 400 to 3,000 watts. Obviously, the higher the wattage, the more powerful your board will be, and usually the higher wattage e-boards will allow you to travel further between charges.
However, it is also worth noting that higher watts will also run up your electricity bill, especially if you are charging your electric longboard on a nightly basis.
Distance: Distances generally vary between 5 and 30 miles. Generally speaking, the longer the range in distance, the lower the top speed, though there are products on the market today that combine higher wattage motors for a better combination of speed and distance.
Top Speed: Your electric longboard will probably travel somewhere between 12 and 30 miles per hour. Anything slower than twelve and you should probably stick to a regular longboard without a motor. Going faster than 30 miles per hour presents safety risks.
Charge Time: You don’t want an electric longboard that will take 12 hours to fully charge. Generally speaking, most e-boards have a charge time that is anywhere between one and five hours. If your electric longboard has a sufficiently long distance rating, you should be able to avoid having to find an outlet to charge your board before heading home.
Price: Lastly, you will want to find an electric longboard that fits your price range. Most of these products fall somewhere between $500 and $1,500. As with anything, the more you spend, the better features you will most likely get.
Top 10 Electric
Longboards on the Market Today
Bestseller No. 1
Teamgee H5 37" Electric Skateboard, 22 MPH Top Speed, 760W Dual Motor, 11 Miles...
- Ul certification E503354, 0. 59 inches thick, The thinnest E-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control.
- 37 inches longboard, 8. 7 inches wide, weighs 14. 5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380W x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 MPH.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 2
BLITZART Huracane 38" Electric Skateobard Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED -It has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY - It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery is included) which can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- PREMIUM DECK - The deck consists of 6-ply maple wood sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo the max supported weight is 250lbs. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 3
BLITZART Tornado 38" Electric Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized Electronic...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED - Fly down the streets with confidence and style on this electric skateboard with remote. On this longboard skateboard cruiser you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged. It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery included) which can be fully charged within two and a half hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - Our electric skateboard remote controller is comfortable and easy to grip. With an easy-to-hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration, it has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. An ergonomic wrist strap for the electric skateboard remote controller helps to prevent dropping.
- MAPLE WOOD AND BAMBOO DECK WITH PREMIUM GRIP TAPE - The deck consists of strong and supple 7-ply maple wood and has 2 layers of bamboo on the bottom of the board. This layered construction gives your longboard deck more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board, which supports a max weight of 300 lbs.
Bestseller No. 4
SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard,Max Range 18.6 Miles,Top Speed 25 MPH,Dual Motor...
- Cruise and Climb - Skatebolt Electric Longboard keeps cruising up to 18.6 miles with a full charge. With dual motors, its running speed goes up to 25 mph and it's strong enough to climb a 25°steep hill.
- Durable and Stable - This longboard is made with 8 layers of northeast maple which make it sturdier to support a weight up to 280 lbs. The wheels (90 mm) and the deck (38*9.4*5.5 in) are wider for a smooth and stable skateboarding.
- Taillights for Safety - The powered skateboard is equipped with 2 red warning taillights. To ensure a safe riding in the dark street. They will keep blinking to warn any vehicles coming behind you when you hold the brake.
Bestseller No. 5
Ride1UP Electric Longboard: Electric Skateboard with Remote for Adults, 7.5AH...
- 7.5AH 10S3P SAMSUNG BATTERY PACK: Powerful battery with a range of 18 miles and speeds of up to 30 mph that will take you places. Great for exploring, carving around, commuting, riding to class, exploring your city, etc.
- CUSTOM-DESIGNED BATTERY CASE: Ultra low-profile battery case to maximize clearance and deck space, allowing middle flex for carving that feels just like a regular longboard, only with some serious power.
- EASY TO USE 4-SPEED ERGONOMIC REMOTE: Top-of-the-line ergonomic remote with an LCD screen for live speed, battery life, trip distance, odometer, and speed settings.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 7
BACKFIRE New G2 2019, 23 Mph Top Speed, 6 to 10 Miles Range, 83MM Wheels (Black)
- Bckfire G2 - New Version with Improvements in 2019.Great Budget Electric Skateboard from Backfire which was invented since 2017
- Top Speed: 23.5mph or 38kph Hill Climbing: Up to 25% Weight: 14.5lbs or 6.5KG Dimensions: 94cm x 22cm x 11cm
- Wheels: Four 83mm wheels (In Black or Red color for option) PU Tire Hardness: 83A SHRAA ,
Bestseller No. 8
Alouette Phoenix Ryders Electric Skateboard Longboard 4.4AH Lithium Battery,Dual...
- √Strong and Durable -The deck which is made of 6 layers maple deck and 1 layer of bamboo supports the flexibility and sturdiness of the electric skateboard. Top speed is up to 16 MPH, max 10° climbing capacity.
- √250W HUB-MOTORS - 83mm Brushless Hub Dual-motor each 250W with REGENERATIVE BRAKING. Max range 9.3 Miles, reliable performance, max ride enjoyment in breaking, acceleration and deceleration
- √LONGER RANGE -4400mah, 25.2V Lithium battery, more powerful and more stamina, come out of the box and ready to go
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 9
Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote, Longboard Single Hub Motor,...
- YOUNG AND FUN - Different from high-performance e-skateboards, Hiboy S11 electric skateboard is designed as a fun and joyful one which is easy to handle, and suitable for kids and youths riding around town and school.
- LIGHT AND SOLID - Benefited from upgraded materials and technology, Hiboy skateboards S11 have been solidly made with light weight 7.94lbs and extremely stable when accelerating and turning.
- STEADY PERFORMANCE - The single powerful hub motor provides a smooth streamlined power. The top speed and range go up to 12.4mph and 6.2 miles on a single charge.
Bestseller No. 10
Voyager Neutrino Compact Electric Cruiser Skateboard with Bluetooth Remote, 350W...
- LONG RANGE POWER: 12.5 MPH Max Speed and a 7 Mile Maximum range
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: At only 9.5 lbs, the Neutrino is easy to carry and won't weigh you down
- INTELLIGENT WIRELESS CONTROLLER: The Bluetooth remote control monitors the battery remaining in both the board and the remote itself. Easily toggle between beginner (slow) and expert (fast) modes.
Last update on 2019-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API