What makes the Best Electric Longboards truely the best?
There is something undeniably captivating and even addicting that comes with the feeling of smoothly cruising on a longboard. The longer wheelbases and bigger decks for maneuvering and finding a comfortable stance that come with longboards have long made them a favorite for everyone from novices to seasoned professionals.
For downhill runs, longboards are not only easier to control, but also offer a smoother ride. But what about heading back uphill? That’s where the electric long board comes into play.
What is an Electric
An electric longboard is also known as an e-board and is basically a beefed-up version of the longboard. While some DIY engineers build their own electric longboards by modifying the wheels of a longboard and installing a battery operated electric motor that will self-propel, today there are dozens of different companies producing high quality electric long boards.
From smaller products that have a miniature 400 Watt motor to powerful e-boards that can cruise at up to 30 miles per hour, there are several different styles of electric longboards for different types of rides. Below, we offer some insight on how to choose the best product for your needs.
How to Choose the right one
Every rider will have different needs and requirements for the electric longboard that is best for them. For someone who wants a rush of adrenaline that comes with high speeds, an e-board that has a higher top speed will obviously be the best option.
For people who regularly use their electric longboard to travel long distances to get to school or work, a board with a longer distance will probably be key. Below, are the five, most important features that will help you find the best electric longboard for you.
Watts: Most electric longboards fall between the range of 400 to 3,000 watts. Obviously, the higher the wattage, the more powerful your board will be, and usually the higher wattage e-boards will allow you to travel further between charges.
However, it is also worth noting that higher watts will also run up your electricity bill, especially if you are charging your electric longboard on a nightly basis.
Distance: Distances generally vary between 5 and 30 miles. Generally speaking, the longer the range in distance, the lower the top speed, though there are products on the market today that combine higher wattage motors for a better combination of speed and distance.
Top Speed: Your electric longboard will probably travel somewhere between 12 and 30 miles per hour. Anything slower than twelve and you should probably stick to a regular longboard without a motor. Going faster than 30 miles per hour presents safety risks.
Charge Time: You don’t want an electric longboard that will take 12 hours to fully charge. Generally speaking, most e-boards have a charge time that is anywhere between one and five hours. If your electric longboard has a sufficiently long distance rating, you should be able to avoid having to find an outlet to charge your board before heading home.
Price: Lastly, you will want to find an electric longboard that fits your price range. Most of these products fall somewhere between $500 and $1,500. As with anything, the more you spend, the better features you will most likely get.
Top 10 Electric
Longboards on the Market Today
Bestseller No. 1
teamgee H5 37" Electric Skateboard, 22 MPH Top Speed, 760W Dual Motor, 11 Miles...
- Thinnest E-skateboard--Teamgee hides a high-performance battery inside the deck, which makes it look like a regular longboard and 1.2 cm (0.5inch) thickness is currently the thinnest E-skateboard.
- POWERFUL RIDE-- With 380W*2 powerful dual motors, the H5 board reach speeds up to 22 mph, and 25% grade hill climbing. High-performance battery charging for 2 hours can ride 9~11 Miles.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION-- The Teamgee H5 deck is built from 10 ply Canadian maple and 1 ply fiberglass, offers a medium flex for a smooth ride, and load up to 200 lbs.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 2
BLITZART Huracane 38" Electric Skateobard Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED -It has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY - It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery is included) which can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- PREMIUM DECK - The deck consists of 6-ply maple wood sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo the max supported weight is 250lbs. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 3
SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Youth Electric Longboard
- 24V LI-ON FE BATTERY - Allows the boosted board to go up to 11 MPH and up to 10 miles on a single charge
- WIRELESS LED REMOTE - Controls speed, braking, and cruise control and shows speed and battery status
- DURABLE POLYURETHANE WHEELS - Durable, shock-absorbing wheels provide an unbelievably smooth riding experience
Bestseller No. 4
Boosted Mini x Electric Skateboard
- Exhilarating top speeds of 20 mph gets you there faster
- Climb the steepest hills of your commute without breaking a sweat
- 3 ride modes specifically tuned to the Boosted mini
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 5
BLITZART Tornado 38" Electric Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized Electronic 17mph...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED - Fly down the streets with confidence and style on this electric skateboard with remote. On this longboard skateboard cruiser you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged. It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery included) which can be fully charged within two and a half hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - Our electric skateboard remote controller is comfortable and easy to grip. With an easy-to-hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration, it has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. An ergonomic wrist strap for the electric skateboard remote controller helps to prevent dropping.
- MAPLE WOOD AND BAMBOO DECK WITH PREMIUM GRIP TAPE - The deck consists of strong and supple 7-ply maple wood and has 2 layers of bamboo on the bottom of the board. This layered construction gives your longboard deck more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board, which supports a max weight of 250lbs.
Bestseller No. 7
MEEPO Electric Skateboard & Longboard, 38inch Dual Motor Electric Skateboard...
- 800W DUAL MOTORS: This V2 Electrical skateboard features the latest version of the Meepo ESC( Electronic Speed Controller ), V2 motor urethane sleeves are NOT replaceable, Because they are very durable. V2 motors are our most powerful motors yet.
- THE MEEPO ESC: MEEPO uses the most popular ESC in the electric skateboard industry, which also happens to be our favorite option after trying the many different ESCs out there. MEEPO ESC is proven to be extremely reliable with more than 300,000 units sold. MEEPO have also been continuously improving on the design over the last 3 years.
- Max Speed: 29 mph (variable depending on various factors such as weight, slope steepness, temperature, speed,etc.) Even in high-speed, it could keep sufficient stability and balance to ensure the safety and a good riding experience - Thanks to the new ESC.
Bestseller No. 8
Spadger Electric Skateboard D5X Plus 35" Boosted Longboard, 23Mph 900W Dual...
- Super Flexible Electronic Skateboard: 85% military material polycarbonate (Exclusive patent), 10% Sea glass and 5% lead on the deck, improved the impact resistance up to10 times, very flexible when turning,easy to control. The board is fireproof, explosion-proof, shockproof.
- Strong Power and Fast Response: 450W*2 super power motors, 97mm PU wheels, up to 23mph speed,165lbs only need 3.5 seconds , 25% grade hill climbing. Built-in 4.0mm super magnetic steel, immediate stop when you brake, safeguarding riding security.
- From The Beginner to The Pro: Skateboards electric wireless remote control 4 speed modes, the Beginner mode: 0-9mph，the Eco mode: 0-15mph，the Expert mode: 0-19mph, the Pro mode: 0-23mph. Load up to 264 lbs.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 9
Razor RipSurf Caster Board
- The ripsurf's patented design allows riders to carve and cut like a Real surfboard, but on Dry land
- Patented ripstik One-piece torsion Technology
- Features a lightweight single piece fiber-reinforced, industrial-grade Polymer construction and textured traction pad deck with kick tail
Bestseller No. 10
Koowheel Electric Skateboard, D3M 2nd Generation Electric Longboard with Remote...
- Two Riding Modes: Top speed in Advanced Mode(24.8MRH), Top speed in Normal Mode(18MRH)(dependent on rider's weight and surface type or flat surface). You Need to Click the Remote Button Quickly for 5 Times to Unlock the Speed Limit.
- 7 layers of Canadian Maple Panels, better elasticity and toughness, Board without splicing, using CNC trimming and grinding process, Allows riders to have more traction while riding this motorized skateboard.
- New 350W x 2 Motors with Replaceable PU Wheels, unique design will help motors cooling maximumly, Max Speed: 24.8 mph (variable depending on various factors such as weight, slope steepness, temperature, speed,etc.) Even in high-speed, it could keep sufficient stability and balance to ensure the safety and a good riding experience.
Last update on 2019-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API