What makes the Best Electric Longboards truely the best?
There is something undeniably captivating and even addicting that comes with the feeling of smoothly cruising on a longboard. The longer wheelbases and bigger decks for maneuvering and finding a comfortable stance that come with longboards have long made them a favorite for everyone from novices to seasoned professionals.
For downhill runs, longboards are not only easier to control, but also offer a smoother ride. But what about heading back uphill? That’s where the electric long board comes into play.
What is an Electric
An electric longboard is also known as an e-board and is basically a beefed-up version of the longboard. While some DIY engineers build their own electric longboards by modifying the wheels of a longboard and installing a battery operated electric motor that will self-propel, today there are dozens of different companies producing high quality electric long boards.
From smaller products that have a miniature 400 Watt motor to powerful e-boards that can cruise at up to 30 miles per hour, there are several different styles of electric longboards for different types of rides. Below, we offer some insight on how to choose the best product for your needs.
How to Choose the right one
Every rider will have different needs and requirements for the electric longboard that is best for them. For someone who wants a rush of adrenaline that comes with high speeds, an e-board that has a higher top speed will obviously be the best option.
For people who regularly use their electric longboard to travel long distances to get to school or work, a board with a longer distance will probably be key. Below, are the five, most important features that will help you find the best electric longboard for you.
Watts: Most electric longboards fall between the range of 400 to 3,000 watts. Obviously, the higher the wattage, the more powerful your board will be, and usually the higher wattage e-boards will allow you to travel further between charges.
However, it is also worth noting that higher watts will also run up your electricity bill, especially if you are charging your electric longboard on a nightly basis.
Distance: Distances generally vary between 5 and 30 miles. Generally speaking, the longer the range in distance, the lower the top speed, though there are products on the market today that combine higher wattage motors for a better combination of speed and distance.
Top Speed: Your electric longboard will probably travel somewhere between 12 and 30 miles per hour. Anything slower than twelve and you should probably stick to a regular longboard without a motor. Going faster than 30 miles per hour presents safety risks.
Charge Time: You don’t want an electric longboard that will take 12 hours to fully charge. Generally speaking, most e-boards have a charge time that is anywhere between one and five hours. If your electric longboard has a sufficiently long distance rating, you should be able to avoid having to find an outlet to charge your board before heading home.
Price: Lastly, you will want to find an electric longboard that fits your price range. Most of these products fall somewhere between $500 and $1,500. As with anything, the more you spend, the better features you will most likely get.
Top 10 Electric
Longboards on the Market Today
Bestseller No. 2
AC Electric Skateboard 350W Motor Longboard with Wireless Remote Control 6...
- Maple Wood + Bamboo Deck & Premium Grip Tape -Board Size : 38''x9.5'', 3.54'' wheels diameter (90mm) . The 6 layers maple wood deck is sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo on the top and bottom of the board, giving it more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is outfitted with grip tape and is concave to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and on the board. Supports up a max weight of 300 lb.
- 350W Brushless Hub Motor - Hub motors are more reliable and less problematic，max speed of up to 17 MPH . Our hub motor give the board an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the overall design. Hub motors are much quieter than belt driven motors. More importantly, the hub motor's board can be riden like a regular board with or without battery.
- Ergonomic Wireless Remote - Easy to hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration, and it has reverse and brake capability. Three speed(low,middle,high) modes are available to beginners and advanced riders. Hold brake function to assist getting on and off the board. Remote control is rechargeable and comes with charging cable.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 3
BLITZART Huracane 38" Electric Skateobard Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED -It has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged.
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY - It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery is included) which can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- PREMIUM DECK - The deck consists of 6-ply maple wood sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo the max supported weight is 250lbs. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board.
Bestseller No. 4
SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard,Max Range 18.6 Miles,Top Speed 25 MPH,Dual Motor...
- Cruise and Climb - Skatebolt Electric Longboard keeps cruising up to 18.6 miles with a full charge. With dual motors, its running speed goes up to 25 mph and it's strong enough to climb a 25°steep hill.
- Durable and Stable - This longboard is made with 8 layers of northeast maple which make it sturdier to support a weight up to 280 lbs. The wheels (90 mm) and the deck (38*9.4*5.5 in) are wider for a smooth and stable skateboarding.
- Taillights for Safety - The powered skateboard is equipped with 2 red warning taillights. To ensure a safe riding in the dark street. They will keep blinking to warn any vehicles coming behind you when you hold the brake.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 5
SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Youth Electric Longboard
- 24V LI-ON FE BATTERY - Allows the boosted board to go up to 11 MPH and up to 10 miles on a single charge
- WIRELESS LED REMOTE - Controls speed, braking, and cruise control and shows speed and battery status
- DURABLE POLYURETHANE WHEELS - Durable, shock-absorbing wheels provide an unbelievably smooth riding experience
Bestseller No. 6
BLITZART Tornado 38" Electric Longboard E-Skateboard Motorized Electronic 17mph...
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED - Fly down the streets with confidence and style on this electric skateboard with remote. On this longboard skateboard cruiser you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged. It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery included) which can be fully charged within two and a half hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - Our electric skateboard remote controller is comfortable and easy to grip. With an easy-to-hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration, it has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. An ergonomic wrist strap for the electric skateboard remote controller helps to prevent dropping.
- MAPLE WOOD AND BAMBOO DECK WITH PREMIUM GRIP TAPE - The deck consists of strong and supple 7-ply maple wood and has 2 layers of bamboo on the bottom of the board. This layered construction gives your longboard deck more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board, which supports a max weight of 250lbs.
On Sale NOWBestseller No. 7
Alouette Phoenix Ryders Electric Skateboard Longboard 4.4AH Lithium Battery,Dual...
- √Strong and Durable - 6 layers maple deck and 1 layer of bamboo with more flexibility and sturdiness. Top speed is 16 MPH, max 10° climbing angle
- √250W HUB-MOTORS - 83mm Brushless Hub Dual-motor each 250W with REGENERATIVE BRAKING. Max range 9.3 Miles, reliable performance, max ride enjoyment in breaking, acceleration and deceleration
- √LONGER RANGE -4400mah, 25.2V Lithium battery, more powerful and more stamina, come out of the box and ready to go
Bestseller No. 8
MEEPO Electric Skateboard & Longboard, 38inch Dual Motor Electric Skateboard...
- 800W DUAL MOTORS: This V2 Electrical skateboard features the latest version of the Meepo ESC( Electronic Speed Controller ), V2 motor urethane sleeves are NOT replaceable, Because they are very durable. V2 motors are our most powerful motors yet.
- MEEPO ESC: MEEPO uses the most popular ESC in the electric skateboard industry and has proven to be more than 300,000 MEEPO ESC products sold.
- Maximum speed: 29 mph Even at high speeds, it maintains sufficient stability and balance to ensure safety and a good riding experience - thanks to the new ESC.
Bestseller No. 9
Spadger Electric Skateboard D5X Plus 35’’ Boosted Longboard, 23Mph 900W Dual...
- Super Flexible Electronic Skateboard: 85% Explosion-proof material, improved the impact resistance up to10 times, very flexible when turning,easy to control. The board is fireproof, explosion-proof, shockproof.
- Strong Power and Fast Response: 450W*2 super power motors, 97mm PU wheels, up to 23mph speed,165lbs only need 3.5 seconds , 25% grade hill climbing. Built-in 4.0mm super magnetic steel, immediate stop when you brake, safeguarding riding security.
- From The Beginner to The Pro: Skateboards electric wireless remote control 4 speed modes, the Beginner mode: 0-9mph，the Eco mode: 0-15mph，the Expert mode: 0-19mph, the Pro mode: 0-23mph. Load up to 264 lbs.
Bestseller No. 10
Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- Exhilarating top speeds of 20 mph gets you there faster
- Climb the steepest hills of your commute without breaking a sweat
- 3 ride modes specifically tuned to the Boosted mini. Brakes- Regenerative Brakes.Power- 1,000 Watts
Last update on 2019-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API