The Scooterx goes almost as fast as a car! I mean come on, I wish I had one of these things when I didn’t have a car…First of all if you don’t know what a ScooterX is, here‘s a link to it. This is a great gas motor scooter, and it has very powerful engine. This one is much better than the battery operated scooters, it can run over 25 miles on a single refill. A word of caution: it needs regular gas mixed with 2-stroke lubricating oil. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, the sound and vibration that it produces is significant over other gas motor scooters. ScooterX did make sure that the machine is powerful, and all in all, it turned out to be a good experience in the end.
I have been using the scooter for a few weeks, and have been using it for almost all of my outdoor activities. It’s SO much fun, that even going to the local Walmart (which, honestly, is just at a walking distance from my home) happens on the ScooterX. That counts for something. The ride is swift, smooth, and very easy. Taking out the car from the garage and reversing and stuff is way more of a hassle than just picking the scooter up, twisting the handle (it auto starts, did I tell you?) and get going. You can find the current price and all the other features here. One of the things that make the ScooterX better than a lot of other gas powered scooters is that you don’t have to go all the way to a departmental store for specialized fuel that some scooters have. If you get stuck in a jam, simply scoot between the big vehicles like any biker would do. It is just smaller and more comfortable than a bike.
- The range is high, at 25 miles per filled tank, which unexpectedly useful for long runs.
- There is no special fuel to be filled, and regular gas stations can do the job very well. A normal gas fill with 2-stroke lubricant works well.
Lower noise than you would expect from a regular 2-stroke engine.
- ScooterX has done a decent job in making the engine as quiet as possible.
- Great pick-up from a standstill. Thanks to the big 2-stroke engine, the scooter picks up like a beast.
- The 49cc engine makes driving this scooter sheer pleasure. No more struggling to pull your weight. You can get moving even if you are as heavy as I am (which is a good deal, I confess).
- Speeds of 30 mph, pretty much almost the speed of a normal moving car.
- The carburetor can get clogs due to 2-stroke engine’s oil-gas mixture.
Exhaust is not very clean, and a tad smoky, due to the nature of the 2-stroke.
- Only a 30 day warranty. It can only cover manufacturing defects at the start of your rides. Not that the build quality is poor, but an extended warranty could be a welcome move.
- The engine makes some sound while it’s running. But to be honest, the silent vehicles are not my taste. There needs to be some guzzling while driving. Makes you feel more manly. Nevertheless, it might be a con for you.
- The chrome finish can be a bit dazzling to the random passerby at times. That might a good thing, or bad, depending on whether or not you want to be noticed by people.
Overall, the scooter x gas scooter is a very powerful scooter, and the only thing I didn’t like was that it was a little bit noisy. Again depends on your taste. If we didn’t answer any of your questions that you had, feel free to e-mail us or leave a comment to let us know!