This purchase was a bit tricky to review. It’s called the Razor E325 electric scooter so the obvious assumption anyone would make is that it’s better than the E300 and the E300S. I mean the latest model HAS to be better… right?
We’re here to warn you why upgrading to the Razor E325 electric scooter may not be the best idea. So whats the deal with the Razor E325 vs E300… the truth is, the E325 is exactly the same as the E300, so don’t be fooled by the name. It’s just that some distributors give it a different name. But because we want to cover all our bases, here’s the review:
Key Features of the Razor E325 Electric Scooter
Here’s the specs:
- Maximum speed of 15 miles per hour.
- Weight capacity of 220 pounds
- Travel distance on a single full charge is roughly 9 miles
- The maximum constant use time is 45 minutes
- 12 hours charge time to full. Even if the charger battery turns green before then keep it plugged it for a full charge.
- Twist throttle transmission
- 55 pound is the scooters weight
- Retractable kickstand.
- Front controlled hand brake
- Rear braking system
- 24v battery system
- 250w battery
- Variable speed control, This feature is not available even though advertised. Do not let yourself get fooled. There is no speed control throttle.
- Age groups of 12+. Any adult can ride as long as they are under 220 pounds.
- Free toolkit included for assembly.
- Wide deck for lots of leg space
The Razor Electric Scooting Family
Overview of the E325 Scooter
With last minute Christmas shopping to be done or after Christmas sales, you want to buy the latest toy from Razor. Well I have to say I do like the E325.
This scooter goes an average speed of 15 miles per hour and is powered by a chain driven motor. The motor is a 300w and runs fairly quiet.(but not any quieter than other razor scooters) The target age group is 12 and up and can hold up to 220 lbs. If any of this sounds familiar, that’s everything the E300 and the E300s do. Actually, the E300s has a foam padded seat and it still cost less than the E325.
The battery lets you go around 45 minutes before recharging and takes twelve hours to charge. That’s not great, but it’s normal. The tires are the same exact extra wide 10 inch pneumatic tires. They will require maintenance but so will any inflatable tire. It’s brakes are located in the rear and are operated by the front handlebar hand brake.
Some of the smaller razor models have polyurethane wheels which are entirely puncture proof. They also require no maintenance like pneumatic tires do. If that’s something you’re interested in look into the E100, or the E200, however those are targeted closer for kids and go slower.
Here's a Video Showing the E300 unboxing
The down side of polyurethane tires is the lower max speeds the scooter gets because it can’t compete with pneumatic tires in that department. If speed outweighs maintenance in you’re opinion the pneumatic is definitely the right choice. Just make sure to frequently check the air pressure and obviously avoid any and all sharp objects. When you get a flat, replace that tire ASAP or your wheel will be next in line to break.
Like most other scooters, the e325 can hold the weight of most adults or up to 220 pounds. This scooter geared more towards adults or stronger teenagers because moving it while it’s powered off is going to be really tough for a child. This hefty scooter weighs in at 55 pounds. The throttle is a standard twist throttle unlike certain scooters which have the safer push button throttle.
A Few More Features of the Razor e325
The deck is extra wide for good leg space and plenty of room to avoid slips and falls. The handlebar height is not adjustable which can be tedious and annoying to taller people.
One of the biggest flaws in the E325 is the lies posted in its description. It’s supposed to have variable throttle control. Which means depending on how far you twist the throttle is how fast the scooter accelerates. IT DOES NOT HAVE THAT. Update – The E325 is not advertised as variable throttle, it is a single speed throttle (exactly the same as the e300)
This is my opinion about this model you can read others’ opinions here – View On Amazon
Common Questions About the e325:
I pulled some of these questions off of Amazon and a few others from people who have emailed in. I think its good to hear what other people ask so we can get a better understanding of a product. It’s like when your in class and the teacher asks if there are any questions, you kind of have a question but its not really a good one so you wait. Then someone else asks a random question and you get the courage to ask yours, or you think of a follow up.
Anyway here they are:
- Does this model have a speed throttle? Yes, absolutely
- Does this scooter fold up? Nope, mine doesn’t I read that older models do but not something I would count on. You can kind of take it apart to fit it inside the trunk easier.
- Does it work well offroad? I have gone on grass and some dirt but never tried sand. Its a little unstable but goes ok.
- What happens if you exceed the recommended max weight of 220 pounds? I’m not quite 220 but I have heard that it goes a lot slower. I wouldn’t recommend it but I don’t think it would break anything.
- How fast does it really go? It really goes 15 miles per hour
- Is there a way to modify it so it goes faster? I don’t know
- Can you swap out the battery? I think this is possible but I haven’t tried it myself
- Does it come with the charger? Yes, strange that this is a commonly asked question
Our Concluding Opinion of the E325
The Razor E325 is just a renamed version of the E300, it’s the same scooter from the same brand we know and love. So, don’t be confused by anyone saying the E325 is an upgrade to the E300.
Like always, we recommend you go to amazon, review several options from several buyers and decide which one is the best one, we recommend this model from this buyer:
- Get on the move in style and fulfill your need for speed with the Razor E300 Electric Motorized Scooter
- Super-sized deck and frame for riders of all sizes
- High-torque, 24-volt, chain-driven motor with speeds of up to 15 MPH
(it comes in other colors as well)
- Cool electric scooter with super-size deck and frame for riders 12 and older
- Reaches speeds of up to 15 mph thanks to high-performance, chain-driven motor
- Extra-wide 10-inch pneumatic tires and super-quiet motor deliver smooth ride
They have great customer service and the E300 is the best model all around.
You should also check out this cool e325 video that walmart has on their site.
Trending Scooters/Hoverboards Right Now:
- Aircraft-grade aluminum t-tube and deck. Adjustable handlebars with foam grips. Urethane wheels.
- Rear fender brake. Patented folding mechanism for storage and transport. No assembly required.
- Age Range: 5 and up. Maximum User Weight: 143 lbs. Assembled Dimensions: L 26" x W 13.5" x H 34".
- SHIPPED FROM L.A. - UL2272 CERTIFIED to ensure safety./ 90 Days warranty and friendly after-sale service. Have questions? Need help? Just feel free to contact us and you'll have our full attention!
- SMOOTH RIDES - 6.5" wheels with high quality rubber tires, comfortable non-slip and shock-absorbing footpedals, provide smooth riding experience. Load capacity from 44lb to 200 lb.
- GOOD PERFORMANCE - Self-balancing control system full of technology and quick to learn. Maximum speed can be up to 9MPH with 300 Watt dual hub motors, enjoy the speed and free yourself completely.
- Razor USA, LLC
Last update on 2019-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API